Tasks query troubleshooting

What I’m trying to do

I use the tasks plugin to manage tasks throughout my entire vault as I go about my day. Most notes I create in a day will contain a task which I manage with links and tags.

One specific query which I use regularly is to query all tasks where a specific [[link]] is present in the description. It looks like this:

not done
description includes [[link]]
sort by due

Now this has worked flawlessly for weeks and I haven’t seemed to have any issues.

Today, I had a meeting and added some notes including the [[link]]. There really wasn’t anything special about this. But the query would not pull these two specific tasks.

Here is the md:

Actions and Outcomes

• Asked [[link]] to have interviews scheduled by tomorrow. :hourglass_flowing_sand: 2024-01-05 :date: 2024-01-11 :heavy_plus_sign: 2024-01-04 #tag
  • Finalized Equipment List. [[link]] #tag :date: 2024-02-12 :hourglass_flowing_sand: 2024-02-09 :heavy_plus_sign: 2024-01-04

Now notice that 3 hashes - they are truly a part of this note and appear to be the key to this problem. This appears to prevent the query from executing. When I copy the tasks below this — they will be seen by the query. But when I leave it as is here, they are not seen by the query.

I’m certainly no expert, but is there a reason for this? Is it a bug or is it my poor understanding of something within the markdown syntax?

Things I have tried

I tried:

1. recreating the tasks entirely above the — and it did not work.
  2. Double checking the [[link]] was accurate. did not work.
  3. Copying the tasks entirely to another note. DID work
  4. Executing the same code using a different [[link]]. did not work.
  5. recreating tasks entirely below the — DID work

Thanks for your thoughts,
Capndad

Hey @WhiteNoise, I noticed you edited my post and recategorized it. The issue here is not a request for help as much as an identification of an issue.

Based on your edit, can I assume that this issue of the tasks query not working when there is a line under the tasks is known? Assuming this is known, can someone tell me why this “—” prevents the tasks in a note from being queried?

I recategorized because we do not take bug reports involving plugins as explained in the bug report template.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.