Tasks queries not working

Tasks queries not working

What I’m trying to do

I’m on android, and I’m trying to setup the tasks plugin to be able to keep track of things. When I try to query my tasks, it gives this error

Tasks query: do not understand query
Problem line: “Tasks”

Here is my query

due today
not done

I’m not a tasks user, but have you tried switching the order of those two lines?

Or tried with just not done?

That doesn’t seem to change anything, I even tried with it completely empty, but it still said the same thing.

Could you please show us what you’ve written, and with a few lines before and after. Enclose everything with four backticks before and after your text.

## Due today

not done

 - [x] Test ⏫ ➕ 2024-02-23 ⏳ 2024-02-24 

This is what I have in the note currently

First of all that test task is completed, so its not to be included in a “not done” query. Furthermore you’ve specified a priority, (:arrow_double_up:) a created date(:heavy_plus_sign:), and a scheduled (:hourglass_flowing_sand:) date, not a due date (:date: ). The due date would use the calendar icon, not the hourglass.

For further testing I suggest you put the following in a note of its own:

- [x] Test 1 ⏫ ➕ 2024-02-23 ⏳ 2024-02-24
- [ ] Test 2  ⏫ ➕ 2024-02-23 ⏳ 2024-02-24 
- [ ] Test 3 📅 2024-02-24

## Task query
not done
due 2024-02-24
path includes {{query.file.path}}

This should output just the Test 3 task , and would have done so with due today if today was the 24th… :smiley:

You could change it to scheduled 2024-02-24 and it would show you the Test 2 task, and if you removed the not done in addition it’ll also show the Test 1 task.

The last line of my query path includes {{query.file.path}} limits the original set of tasks to only be found in the current file. Very useful for test purposes…

It’s still showing the original error, I’m beginning to think it’s an issue with the plugin on android, not with the query itself. That said, what does the “path includes” argument do, it’s not on any of the example queries that I’ve seen in the documentation?

I just tested on a desktop, it turns out it’s an android issue, doubt there’s anything that can fix it . I also looked around, and Apparently Dataview also has this problem. I’m sure I can replace it with an app somewhere, shame it doesn’t work properly though.

Hmm… I don’t know enough to reproduce the issue, but I’m doing way more advanced scripts using dataview on Android, so not sure what’s the case there.

You’ve updated your plugins and Obsidian version, I reckon?

I used the path includes {{query.file.path}} to limit the task search to tasks coming from that particular path, which is the current file only. This was used by me just to limit the query to only the current files since I’ve got tasks spread out all over my test vault with various bits and pieces.

In your case you could/should probably just remove it, or potentially use it to limit your query to only look in your daily notes folder, or project folder or similar. Removing it will enable the query to read tasks from all over your vault.

I tried removing it, no change, I have Dataview if that could help diagnose the issue?

Please show your debug info, from Show debug info in the command palette, to show which versions you’re currently on.

	Operating system: android 12 (OPPO CPH2009)
	Obsidian version: 1.5.8 (126)
	API version: v1.5.8
	Login status: not logged in
	Live preview: on
	Base theme: dark
	Community theme: Atom v0.0.0
	Snippets enabled: 0
	Restricted mode: off
	Plugins installed: 20
	Plugins enabled: 18
		1: Tag Wrangler v0.6.1
		2: Iconize v2.10.1
		3: Calendar v1.5.10
		4: Code Emitter v0.1.4
		5: Advanced Tables v0.21.0
		6: Remotely Save v0.3.40
		7: Recent Files v1.3.10
		8: Better MathJax v1.0.1
		9: Tasks v6.0.0
		10: Highlightr v1.2.2
		11: Query all the things v0.10.0
		12: Dataview v0.5.64
		13: Omnisearch v1.21.1
		14: Annotator v0.2.11
		15: CustomJS v1.0.18
		16: QuickAdd v1.8.0
		17: Style Settings v1.0.7
		18: Templater v2.2.2

	Custom theme and snippets: for cosmetic issues, please first try updating your theme and disabling your snippets. If still not fixed, please try to make the issue happen in the Sandbox Vault or disable community theme and snippets.
	Community plugins: for bugs, please first try updating all your plugins to latest. If still not fixed, please try to make the issue happen in the Sandbox Vault or disable community plugins.