Task View for Homepage

First, search the help docs and this forum. Maybe your question has been answered! The debugging steps can help, too. Still stuck? Delete this line and proceed.

What I’m trying to do

Hello! I’m trying to create a multi-column view of tasks for my home page but I’m really struggling with the query and view.

Things I have tried

This is the one I am trying to modify now.

```tasks 
not done  
sort by priority  
sort by due  
sort by scheduled  
sort by starts  
group by function task.happens.moment? (task.due.moment?.isBefore(moment(), 'day') ? task.due.format("[%%0%%‼️ Overdue]") : (task.due.moment?.isBetween(moment(), moment(), 'day', '[]') ? task.due.format("[%%1%%❗ Due Today]") : (task.happens.moment?.isBefore(moment().add(1, 'day'), 'day') ? task.happens.format("[%%2%%📆 Scheduled Today]") : (task.happens.moment?.isBefore(moment().add(7, 'days'), 'day') ? task.happens.format("[%%3%%⬆️ Upcoming]") : task.happens.format("[%%4%%💤Beyond Seven Days]"))))) : "No Date"  
group by function reverse task.scheduled.format("%%%%")  
limit groups 10  
hide task count  

I've also tried to modify this one where it would just list today, the buttons, and then the tasks.

await dv.view("tasks", {pages: ""})

What tools are you using? The dataview plugin? The tasks plugin?

Tasks and dataview

UPDATE:

So I’ve managed to create this view which I actually like but is there a way to shorten the task name in the column and have a priority level?

Plug ins: dataview, tasks

> [!multi-column]
> > [!danger] Do Now
>>  ```tasks
> not done
> due before today
> 
> > [!warning] Do Today
>> ```tasks
> not done
> due today
> short mode
> 
>  > [!todo] Do Next
>> ```tasks
> not done
> due tomorrow
> 
>> [!success] Upcoming
>>  ```tasks
>> 	not done
>> 	due after today
>> 	due before in one week
>> 	short mode
>> 	hide edit button
>> 	hide backlink
>>```
---

Thanks for any advice!

When starting to read I thought, no problem, it’s just to do FLATTEN ... as visual, but that is a Dataview specific solution. Initially I was not sure if Tasks is capable of changing the task text and still allowing it to be a normal task.

But looking through the Tasks documentation, it seems you can hide the various dates, if that’s your goal. See Layout - Tasks User Guide - Obsidian Publish

If I understand it correctly, you could do stuff like:

hide due date
show urgency
hide created date

Hope this helps! I actually kind of like those options to hide/show various parts of the tasks.

1 Like

Thanks so much! I’ll give it a try!

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.