Tag pane shows empty hashtag

Not sure how to reproduce this, but my tag pane is showing an empty hash tag (i.e. just #):

Screenshot 2020-06-02 at 00.37.21

As you can see, it thinks I have 9 documents with this hashtag…

Compounding this, clicking on a hashtag in that list to see its instances just performs a naive search of the whole vault vs the hashtag text, which returns many many more than 9 hits for this hashtag because # is used in markdown headings, so I have lots of instances of #, ##, ###, etc. in my vault.

No idea where those 9 are supposed to be…!

Environment

• Operating system: MacOS 10.14.6
  • Obsidian version: 0.6.5
  • Using custom CSS: no

Could you try deleting your .obsidian/cache and see if that fixes the issue please?

P.S. Although I know sometimes repro steps are hard to come by, it would be magnitudes easier for us to fix if you could somehow find a way to repro it.

So @licat did somework on 0.6.7. Generally the tag subsystem needs an overhaul that will come in a future update I guess (like the ability to mass rename tags, support _tag, nested tags). In fact, I have moved many bug reports about tags to feature request.

Just to note, this does seem to have gone away now; I didn’t knowingly delete my cache, so perhaps that either got refreshed in the normal course of things, or the recent work fixed this.

And I hear you on the repro steps, and I know exactly where you’re coming from.

Thanks!