Tag pane auto unfolding

Obsidian 1.5.3 seems to have this bug. I tried using an older version (1.4.6), and the bug wasn’t there.

The issue: When I have nested tags, and keep them collapsed/folded in the tag pane, they become automatically unfolded as soon as I make a few edits to a note. This wasn’t the case in earlier versions where Obsidian remembered the collapse status until I manually click the “collapse all” button in the tag pane again.

Steps to reproduce

1. Open Sandbox vault.
  2. I dragged the tag pane to a different location for better viewing, but this should not be necessary to reproduce the bug.
  3. Create new note.
  4. Add the tags #tag1, #tag2/subtag1, and #tag2/subtag2 to the note.
  5. Make sure the nested tags are collapsed/folded by clicking on the “collapse all” button in the tag pane.
  6. Keep editing the note. Add a new tag or type some more. Soon, the folded/collapsed tags in the tag pane automatically become uncollapsed/unfolded.

Did you follow the troubleshooting guide? [Y/N]

Y

Expected result

The nested tags should not automatically unfold without clicking on the “collapse all” button.

Actual result

The nested tags automatically got unfolded without clicking on the “collapse all” button.

Environment

SYSTEM INFO:
Obsidian version: v1.5.3
Installer version: v1.4.16
Operating system: Windows 10 Pro 10.0.22621
Login status: not logged in
Insider build toggle: off
Live preview: on
Base theme: adapt to system
Community theme: none
Snippets enabled: 0
Restricted mode: on

RECOMMENDATIONS:
none

Additional information

1 Like

Ok, thank you.

will be fixed 1.5.5

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.