Tag Listing in Side Bar Not Showing Full Titles

So I’m not really sure where to put this question so I figured this area was the “safest” place. I’ve decided to tag note titles with #2dev or #completed so that I can keep track of the notes I have currently fleshed out. When I click on a tag the list of notes comes out in the search, but the titles of notes do note show themselves in their entirety which really doesn’t help me. I tried making the window bigger. Nothing happens. I moved the search window to the right side but that doesn’t help either. Here is what I am talking about:

Is there something I can do with the code of my theme (Magma) or is this Obsidian? How can I fix this so I can read the complete titles of my notes in the search results pane?

Thanks.

This might be due to the fact that you actually haven’t tagged the corresponding notes, but only the lines in your overview note. If you tag the actual notes correctly, the titles should show up in the search results list!

Alternatively, see the More Context button in the Search UI. It looks like:
Screen Shot 2020-10-23 at 2.02.04 PM

Or, use regex. This selects the entirety of any line that ends in #2dev. (It won’t work well if the hashtag is in the middle of the line.)
/.*(#2dev)/

Thank you, tagged the notes inside and the titles showed up.

Thank you, tagging the note itself worked.

1 Like