Tabs are shown twice when dragging them

Steps to reproduce

• Use Obsidian 1.0.0
  • Open a tab
  • Drag it

Expected result

The tab is dragged normally

Actual result

The dragged tab is duplicated. The one in front is rendered separately from the main Obsidian window and can be dragged outside of it, while the one in the background can’t be dragged outside of Obsidian and is a part of it

Environment

• Operating system: Fedora 37
  • Debug info:
SYSTEM INFO:
	Obsidian version: v1.0.0
	Installer version: v1.0.0
	Operating system: #1 SMP PREEMPT_DYNAMIC Wed Oct 5 21:31:17 UTC 2022 5.19.14-200.fc36.x86_64
	Login status: not logged in
	Insider build toggle: off
	Live preview: on
	Legacy editor: off
	Base theme: light
	Community theme: none
	Snippets enabled: 0
	Restricted mode: off
	Plugins installed: 8
	Plugins enabled: 5
		1: Emoji Shortcodes v2.1.2
		2: Advanced Tables v0.17.3
		3: Kanban v1.4.5
		4: LanguageTool Integration v0.3.0
		5: Obsidian Git v2.6.0

RECOMMENDATIONS:
	Community plugins: for bugs, please first try updating all your plugins to latest. If still not fixed, please try to make the issue happen in the Sandbox Vault or disable community plugins.

Additional information

1 Like

I can’t reproduce. post a screen recording of this happening in the sandbox vault.

+1, happens to me too. theme: minimal, default dark. latest update.

1 Like

What are your system details? Are you also on GNOME with Wayland with Obsidian installed through Flatpak?

How do I share a video here?

upload it somewhere and post a link

https://drive.google.com/file/d/122cD-jVGTzNCgjZ-d61vLlFS9l6j0Vb4/view

The video is a bit laggy for some reason, but you can still see the bug. To clarify, it does not actually lag like that when dragging tabs on my system.

+1, also happening for me, with the default light theme. Happening on both existing files and newly created tabs.

1 Like

Oops, didn’t post this as a reply
@WhiteNoise here is the video

thanks

will be fixed v1.0.1

1 Like

Hi,
Obsidian 1.0 has been more sluggish on Windows all around, it’s the similar ‘Springy’ type of lag as when we had this issue:

(Obsidian moves so slow when I drag it with my mouse)

Steps to reproduce

a) Hold the tab and drag it around, it will move in slow-motion and the ‘insert areas’ will follow the lagging cursor, instead of the real one.
b) Switching pages rapidly makes you notice that they take 0.5sec to “register the click”

Expected result

a) No lag happens
b) No lag happens

Environment

• Operating system: Windows 10, 64bit

Additional information

obsidiwiggle

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.