Tabbed Links Show up in Unlinked Mentions instead of Linked Mentions

Steps to reproduce

1. Make a link to another file
  2. Indent it without a plaintext line above it, and without it being formatted as a list. Indented below a header is how I have it. The link shows up in the right place if it’s below normal text, or if the tabbed items are formatted as a list.
  3. Follow the link. In the linked file, the referring file will be listed under “unlinked mentions” and there is a button to add a link. If you click it, it just adds an extra set of brackets around the existing brackets

Expected result

The backlink showing up under the “linked mentions” heading

Actual result

The backlink showing up under the “unlinked mentions” tab

Environment

• Operating system: OSX
  • Debug info:
    SYSTEM INFO:
    Obsidian version: v0.15.9
    Installer version: v0.15.9
    Operating system: Darwin Kernel Version 21.6.0: Wed Aug 10 14:25:27 PDT 2022; root:xnu-8020.141.5~2/RELEASE_X86_64 21.6.0
    Login status: not logged in
    Insider build toggle: off
    Live preview: on
    Legacy editor: off
    Base theme: dark
    Community theme: Things
    Snippets enabled: 1
    Restricted mode: off
    Plugins installed: 14
    Plugins enabled: 0

RECOMMENDATIONS:
Custom theme: for cosmetic issues, please first try updating your theme to latest. If still not fixed, please try to make the issue happen in the Sandbox Vault or disable community theme and snippets.

Additional information

edit: added that formatting it as a list produces the expected result.

I am not i understand your repro steps.
Are you by any chance creating a code block with tabbing?

Post a screen recording of this happening in the sandbox vault.

https://youtu.be/3tUSwgVaQls

yes, you are putting the link in a codeblock. We do not parse links in codeblocks for linked mentions.

That seems to be it, I was not aware that was a feature of markdown. I’m perusing the forums what what others have done, but are you aware if there is an accepted way to outline non-code material at varying levels besides “don’t use indents?”

yes, use bullet lists

- [[link]]
   - [[another link]]
1 Like