System dictation not working correctly

Steps to reproduce

Invoke and use voice dictation in Obsidian. Invoking is usually done by double-tapping on the fn button (in my case I remapped it to double cmd).

Expected result

• Voice dictation always shows up and does so without lag
  • Starting dictation in the middle of a sentence should not capitalize the first word. E.g. if I write “Hello” and then invoke dictation to write “to you all”, the t in to should not be capitalized

Actual result

• After a bit of usage, the voice dictation starts to show up only after a delay. During this delay, Obsidian seems unresponsive and is not accepting keyboard input either. At times the voice dictation won’t show up at all. This lag disappears if I restart Obsidian.
  • Starting dictation in the middle of a sentence capitalizes the first word. E.g. if I write “Hello” and then invoke dictation to write “to you all”, the t in to is capitalized. I noticed this also happens in another Electron app I use, but not in native apps (e.g. TextEdit).

Environment

• Operating system: macOS 10.15.7
  • Obsidian version: 0.9.10 (but has been happening for a long time)

can you try to download and install from the latest available version and see if it help?

I have very similar symptoms. It often works for about three times, and then the problems start. I’m not sure if the issue is present in other macOS applications, or is it obsidian specific, though (I almost exclusively use dictation is obsidian). I’m running macOS Monterey on MacBook Air M1. I use latest Obsidian v0.12.19 and mostly do dictation in polish.