Steps to reproduce
Invoke and use voice dictation in Obsidian. Invoking is usually done by double-tapping on the fn button (in my case I remapped it to double cmd).
- Voice dictation always shows up and does so without lag
- Starting dictation in the middle of a sentence should not capitalize the first word. E.g. if I write “Hello” and then invoke dictation to write “to you all”, the
toshould not be capitalized
- After a bit of usage, the voice dictation starts to show up only after a delay. During this delay, Obsidian seems unresponsive and is not accepting keyboard input either. At times the voice dictation won’t show up at all. This lag disappears if I restart Obsidian.
- Starting dictation in the middle of a sentence capitalizes the first word. E.g. if I write “Hello” and then invoke dictation to write “to you all”, the
tois capitalized. I noticed this also happens in another Electron app I use, but not in native apps (e.g. TextEdit).
- Operating system: macOS 10.15.7
- Obsidian version: 0.9.10 (but has been happening for a long time)