Sync with SkiffDrive and Proton Drive

What I’m trying to do

I am trying to sync with my Obsidian Vault across devices using either Skiff Drive or Proton Drive. Can this be done and if it can, how can I do it using iPad, Android and Win11 PC.

Things I have tried

I’ve already tried using OneDrive and iCloud, but I’m exploring more privacy-centric options.

The most private option I know of is one that isn’t cloud-based or hosted in any way, which means solutions like Syncthing - everything is synced between your devices only, no intermediaries, no clouds, no one knows anything except you.

Mine is set up on a laptop to always run and monitor any changes made in a specific Obsidian folder then upload those changes on my android device via the same app installed there (though it requires both of them to be running syncthing in the background with an online connection), and my android device is set up to always have it running in the background and monitor any changes made there and upload them back to my laptop.

And available space is as much as you have on your devices.

So, if you want more private than this, the only remaining option is direct copy/paste between devices via USB cables.

2 Likes

I’ve seen a couple of people mention that they’re using Proton Drive. It seems to have an issue where it causes a bunch of error messages on Windows: Error - EBUSY (but it's still saving?) (more details discovered today on Discord, coming to the forum eventually: Discord).

1 Like

Seems fixed in version 1.4.6 of Proton Drive

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.