Sync error on iOS devices Idbdatabase error

An error occurred while loading Obsidian. Invalidstateerror:
Failed to execute ‘transaction’ on ‘IDBDatabase’ - The database connection is closing

Setup is Windows 10 pc running Apple iCloud Drive sync and connecting to an iPhone and iPad both running iOS 16 public beta 2. This setup has been running fine up until today when I had an internet outage at home. The issue started soon after. I suspect something has corrupted on the PC vault but I don’t know where to look or how to fix it!

Things I have tried

The only way I have been able to get into my vault on my iPhone or iPad has been delete the app and reinstall it. This works for a while and then it happens again

What I’m trying to do

Use obsidian in iOS

Unfortunately, the combination of windows + iCloud is known to cause corruption issues for Obsidian vaults. There is even a canned carl bot response in Discord warning about this anytime windows and iCloud are mentioned together. Apple bug.

Despite pmbauer’s response I have been using Windows + iCloud for 6 months and the only issues I experience are caused by conflicts generated by autosave.

If your vault is a manageable size I would take a copy of existing files (consider installing “Aut-O-Backup” to put copies into Dropbox) and then create a new vault. If the new vault seems stable start transferring files into it until either the problem re-appears then check the last file imported or everything is OK

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.