Support CSV natively

I noticed that some plug-ins such as DataView have begun to support CSV.

So I hope Obsidian could support CSV format natively, not only query, but also syntax, embedding, reference, etc. (just like MD format)

4 Likes

What do you mean?

Release 0.4.3 · blacksmithgu/obsidian-dataview (github.com)

1 Like

This has been discussed before as a plugin, but I think it would be beneficial to have as a core plugin. Markdown tables kind of suck, and having csv support would make things a lot easier for including tables in your second brain.

The current plugin by @death.au no longer works properly and there is no one maintaining it. @death.au’s plugin would be a good place to start from.

1 Like

I’m just including these links as well, since you didn’t mention any of them. So I’m not sure if you’re aware of them. (I don’t know if they suit your needs, I’m just adding the context.)

Not CSV per se:

2 Likes

IA Writer supports embedded CSVs, tho that won’t help compatibility if Obsidian does the same because they use different embed syntax.

The best implementation of csv files was deathau’s Csv editor Obsidian plugin

This splendid plugin worked well for a very long time, but recently it’s broken.

All it did was to parse csv, display file contents as a table with the ability to edit this table. Straightforward to use and very intuitive. Since comma separated values files are a table format i would welcome if the developers of Obsidian get heavily inspired by deathau’ s exemplar plugin and incorporate csv as a core feature in Obsidian