Subtitle/closed caption for video

Nice to have video embed! I was wondering if it’s possible to add subtitle or closed caption for a video. If videos are embed in the form of html <video> tag, I think it would be easy to implement! (new to html, maybe I was wrong about this)

For the convenience, video embed could just detect and load subtitle if there is a subtitle file having the same name with the video.

1 Like

Done: Release 2.4.0 · alx-plugins/media-extended · GitHub

Just put the srt or vtt file in the same folder as the video file with the same name as the video.

2 Likes

Make captions automatically appear for an embedded video by adding “&cc_load_policy=1” to the video’s embed code.

You can also choose a caption language for the embedded youtube video. To specify the caption language for the video that you’d like to embed, just add “&cc_lang_pref=fr&cc_load_policy=1” to the video’s embed code.

• “cc_lang_pref” sets the language for the captions shown in the video.
  • “cc_load_policy=1” turns captions on by default.
  • “fr” represents the language code for French. You can look up 2-letter language codes in the ISO 639-1 standard.

This is great! Just one question: there is a way to set the size of subtitles? They are to small.

video::cue {
font-size: 2rem;
background-color: green;
}