Sublime Text's Multiselect

Any chance we can get Sublime Text’s multi-select feature in Obsidian?

It is tremendously helpful to manipulate files that follow a particular pattern and modify them accordingly.

For example, you could have a list of items that have nothing in common but still select empty spaces and new lines and manipulate like so to draft a message that can be later batch processed.

Multiselect2

Multiselecting your done/pending ToDo items and carrying them over to a new file,… multiselecting Obsidian across a document and renaming all entries of Obsidian to ObsidianMD, multiselecting all your H1 Headings and creating a table of contents almost instantly…

Over the years, it is one of the applications I’ve always had to install in every system I use due to the time saved when processing files with a pattern.

2 Likes

In Sublime Text this feature can be used as simply as by selecting certain text and pressing multiple times Cmd+D / Ctrl + D

On my mac, option+Click already does work to create multiple cursors. (I’m guessing thanks to this CodeMirror Reference Manual)

2 Likes

There are two plugins that have this feature

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.