Subject Note automatically collect all the relevant lines from Daily Note

I use daily notes to record everything, including notes for my reading, information obtained from friends/family, etc. I will have multiple bullet items under each activities line which log the details. I want to have something automatically capture the relevant log (including the “header” line of the bullet items) and consolidate to a separate note.
For example, I had conversation with ABC about point 1, point 2, point 3 on 2023-01-01 and also about point 5 and point 5 on 2023-01-03.

For example

2023-01-01

Logs

I went dinner with ABC at Restaurant 123

• the drumstick very nice
  • we talk about future

I read a book XYZ

• thought 1
  • thought 2

2023-02-14

Log

Did exercise today

• duration 1 hr

Celebrated vday with ABC

• we went place 123, it was beautiful

In a note, named as ABC, will auto-populate all the conversation logs I had with him from the daily notes as below.

2023-01-01
I went dinner with ABC at Restaurant 123

• the drumstick very nice
  • we talk about future

2023-02-14
Celebrated vday with ABC

• we went place 123, it was beautiful

I also prefer to have link to the daily notes shown up as well. I do not wish to use #tag.
I’m a newbie here. Appreciate your help in advance

I think #tag may be the only way, unfortunately.

You could use embedded searches like

~~~query
ABC -path:"Daily notes"
~~~

But it won’t pick up the sub-list items. The above example (which assumes your logs are in a folder named “Daily notes” and no other folder has that name) will return

• I went dinner with ABC at Restaurant 123
  • Celebrated vday with ABC

And clicking either line will take you to its log entry.

The only way I know to pick up the sub-list items in your example is to add “ABC” to them (doing it as a tag would make the search faster because tags are indexed, but either way will work, or links can work too).

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.