STILL Unable to drag & drop into iCloud folder from macOS Finder

I’m continuing to experience the previously identified issue of being unable to drag & drop files into the Obsidian iCloud folder using Finder on macOS, identified in the Known Issues section on the following page:
https://help.obsidian.md/Obsidian/iOS+app

This is AFTER installing the latest release (v0.12.12) and rebooting my Mac (M1 iMac) multiple times. I’ve additionally replicated the same issue on a second intel iMac all running the latest Big Sur (11.5.2) and Obsidian versions.

I AM able to move files in and out of my vault folders via the IOS Files app on my iPad, but not from any of my Macs. Once a file is in place, I have no trouble editing the file from either Obsidian desktop or mobile, and iCloud Drive Sync appears to be working fine otherwise.

Environment

• Operating system: macOS Big Sur 11.5.2
  • Obsidian version: v0.12.12

Under Settings → About, what does it say for the installer version number? Is that also v0.12.12, or is it an earlier version?

If it is an earlier version, try a clean / full download, rather than an update. The clean download (available from the Obsidian homepage) will include the latest installer package.

If the installer is already up to date, I’m stumped.

Angel

1 Like

Hi Angel,

The installer was indeed an earlier version (v0.12.3). I reinstalled a fresh copy from the website and it’s all working now. (I’m almost positive I had done this previously as well vs
just applying updates thru settings, but perhaps not? :man_shrugging: )

In any case, Thank you for the quick response and help!
Much appreciated!!

Great news. Glad it is working for you now.

Angel

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.