Status bar occludes the Vim-mode command Windows ()

This is the same issue as described in Status bar occludes the Vim-mode command Windows.

I am not sure why that post was marked as resolved because the Vim-command window is still on the same line as the Status Bar, which is a problem when the status bar is wide (as happens when a few plugins that use it are enabled).

I am running v1.0.3 with installer v1.03.
I can confirm that this issue exists in the sandbox vault as shown by the following two screenshots:

Here is another screenshot that shows it is only possible to see the vim command field if the note is made very wide …

As suggested in the aforementioned issue, I believe the solution is to locate the vim command window in the line above the status bar so that they can’t possibly conflict with one another.

4 Likes

Thanks

Can you elaborate please? I’m facing the same issue and I couldn’t find a practical solution yet.

1 Like

will be fixed 1.5.5.

I’m also having the same issue. It took me a while to notice that the actual problem was that the Vim ex command window was behind the status bar…

I’m not aware of what the solution will be, but to me it seems that for as long as the “floating status bar” and the “Vim ex command window” are on the same vertical position (at the bottom of the main Obsidian window), then overlaps will eventually happen - either in one direction or the other, depending on what each component z order is…

Isn’t there a way of display the Vim Ex command window on a entirely different position than the status bar, so overlaps are not even possible? I would be happy if it was a popup just below the editor caret, for example - it’s not “canon” but it would get the job done.

Sorry I got confused. This hasn’t been fixed yet.