One can currently use the following spoiler box in obsidian using html:
Who is Fëanor?
Fëanor is a elf in J.R.R. Tolkien's Silmarillion. He creates some nice gemstones and makes a number of bad decisions.
This workaround has disadvantages.
- Typing the requisite code takes a non-trivial effort. I personally had to implement a textsnippet in autohotkey to be able to use it frequently.
- Obsidian does not support mixing html and markdown. This causes the following problems.
- Bullet lists do not work in the environment.
- Newline does not render as desired. Instead one has to type
- LaTeX code will not be rendered as discussed over here
Some proposed solutions:
- Implementing a spoiler box inside of obsidian.
- Somehow allowing markdown and html to be mixed.
- Making LaTeX usable inside of html.