Steps to reproduce
- In Obsidian preferences, set a hotkey for the “Split vertical” command.
- Open a note in the editor let’s call this note1
- Pin note1
- From the “3 dots” menu, select “Split vertically”. A new editor window is created with note1 also loaded. So there are now 2 editors both with note1 loaded
- Close the editor window that was just created by the split from the 3 dots menu
6.Ensure note1 editor has focus, invoke the hotkey assigned in step 1. Notice that a new editor window is not created, instead, two new “panes” are created, each containing the “No file is open” message.
Expected the behavior of the hotkey to be the same as invoking the split from the 3 dots menu.
A new editor window is not created, instead, two new “panes” are created, each containing the “No file is open” message. Note that Split horizontal has the same weird behavior
- Operating system: MacOS 10.15.4
- Obsidian version: 0.6.4
- Using custom CSS: No