Split Down & Split right command for Obsidian Mobile on phone

The command is available, I just checked! Just add i to the dropdown menu of the pane. :slight_smile:

Thanks, but regardless of whether I add the split down and split right commands to the dropdown pane menu or just invoke them from the command palette, they don’t seem to do anything on my iPhone.

2 Likes

+1 I didn’t realise this feature was removed until I tried to find it today. On my Android Pixel I used to keep my daily note and a few works in progress open at the same time.

2 Likes

+1 Please re-enable this feature!

1 Like

+1 this feature is essential for my workflow! I’m working on a Boox tablet and it still won’t work. Please bring this feature back!

The command does nothing on mobile.

+1 for this

I still don’t understand why this feature was removed from Obsidian mobile.

I used it to easily move itens from one Kanban to another, to quick copy things, etc.

For now, a workaround if you really need it is to go on Developer options and increase minimum width:

2 Likes

+1 i’d like to split screen with an open gate tab so i can reference while writing easier. i’m using an eink device so constantly swiping the sidebar over is tedious

1 Like

+1 - iPhone Pro Max is easily big enough to have side by side in landscape, especially with an external keyboard.

2 Likes