Spellchecker in both English and German

I have tried to discover the possibility of using two dictionaries/spellcheckers with Obsidian. My native language is German, my system settings on my Mac are English, and I use both languages equally often. However, I have not found a way to have Obsidian spellcheck German. Apps like Drafts have done this for a long time, and I am wondering if Obsidian can do the same. I have inquired about this before, and some users are saying this would be possible. But how? I am using the latest software, Sonoma 14.1.1, and the latest version of Obsidian. Any help is appreciated.

Moved to help

Seems to be an OS thing as I’m on Windows and Linux and have no problems.

Active FR:

Note:
The issue is the same on iOS as well, where native spell checking is cumbersome.

1 Like

Thanks for your input and comments. It seems weired that MacOS is not offering this as so many are using computers with at least two languages. I guess I have to wait until this is being addressed by Apple…

Spell check on MacOS works quite bad with electron apps in general. If there is a way have a setting to use built in chromium-electron spellcheck in Obsidian that would be awesome and solve all issues :slightly_smiling_face:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.