Spellcheck fails in vim normal mode

Steps to reproduce

1. enable spellcheck
  2. enable vim mode
  3. in any document, enter insert mode (i)
  4. misspell a word (eg: tommorrow)
  5. Press escape to enter normal mode
  6. Right click misspelled word and choose a replacement

Expected result

Word is changed to the corrected replacement.

Actual result

Word remains unchanged.

Environment

SYSTEM INFO:
Obsidian version: v1.2.7
Installer version: v0.15.9
Operating system: Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2021 10.0.19044
Login status: not logged in
Insider build toggle: off
Live preview: on
Legacy editor: off
Base theme: dark
Community theme: none
Snippets enabled: 1
Restricted mode: off
Plugins installed: 29
Plugins enabled: 0

Additional information

It’s common for me to navigate a document in normal mode, see a misspelling, and then attempt to change it in normal mode and move on. In order to fix misspellings, I now have to enter insert mode before clicking a replacement to get the word to change.

I’ve tested this in the sandbox vault in OSX as well with the same results. This was possible last week, so I assume some codemirror or other change in the 1.2 update has caused this.

2 Likes

you haven’t not reinstalled obsidian like the debug guide suggests you to do.

Not sure what exactly you meant, but I just did a fresh install of obsidian on OSX and achieved the same result in the sandbox vault. I can do the same on Windows later today and re-submit the debug data if that would be helpful.

Ok let me know if it happens on windows too.

Can confirm that a fresh install doesn’t affect this problem on windows.

Same problem here, spell is not changed and remains in visual mode.

Upstream report

2 Likes

This issue has been affecting me for a while now. Coming here to raise support for a fix upstream. I will also comment on the GH issue.

Hi @WhiteNoise I just got confirmation that the upstream issue posted above was fixed in a recent PR. :tada:

I figured I would ping you in the off chance you were not notified. :sweat_smile:

Thank you!

I was notified please don’t ping me.

The next time we pull the changes from upstream, we will get this fix as well. No ETAs.

will be fixed v1.4.4

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.