Spell check underlining random words in unordered list

In the following unordered list, the word “here” will be underlined as incorrect.

• test line one
  • copy to here and there?

Removing the question mark will make the underline go away, as will adding a word like “dog” before here.

Likewise, with the following, “to” will be underlined:

• test line one
  • two three four five six copy to and there.

But if the word “six” is removed, everything is okay. I know the sentence makes no sense either way.

Mostly, it seems that punctuation in an unordered list causes problems.

Can you please follow the bug report template and try this in the help vault?

Steps to reproduce

Create a new vault or open the help Vault.
Turn on spell check

Paste into an existing file or a new one:

- test line one
- copy to here and there?

Expected result

Nothing should be underlined.

Actual result

The word “here” is underlined as misspelled.

Environment

• Operating system:
    MacOS 12.2.1

• Debug info:
    SYSTEM INFO:
    Obsidian version: v0.13.31
    Installer version: v0.13.31
    Operating system: Darwin Kernel Version 21.3.0: Wed Jan 5 21:37:58 PST 2022; root:xnu-8019.80.24~20/RELEASE_ARM64_T8101 21.3.0
    Login status: not logged in
    Insider build toggle: off
    Live preview: on
    Legacy editor: off
    Base theme: dark
    Community theme: none
    Snippets enabled: 0
    Safe mode: on

RECOMMENDATIONS:
none

Additional information

Screen Shot 2022-03-10 at 6.37.51 PM

what corrections do you get for here? which languages do you have enabled for spellcheck in macos?

also “copy to here” doesn’t sound right in English.

I realize this is a silly, random problem that’s probably caused by Electron or MacOS, but I appreciate you looking at it. I’m not super bothered as I can avoid things that trigger it. Mostly I see things like this and I can’t help but try to figure out what’s going on.

Language is English (Canada). I’ve tried switching to US and UK English with no effect.

Yeah, the phrase is awkward and doesn’t make sense as I was creating a smaller examples that causes the issue to arise. The spellchecker shouldn’t care about bad grammar and doesn’t notice problems anywhere else.

RIght-clicking gives no corrections.

This only seems to occur in lists (ordered or unordered) when there is puctuation at the end of the line.

The word “to” is always present. If the phrase is “to here” then “here” will be underlined, otherwise “to” will be. This doesn’t occur with every occurence of “to.” I can’t figure out any more of the pattern.

Cheers!