Spell-check in multiple languages

We strongly recommend you to search the forum with possible keywords before making a new feature request. If your request is very similar to an existing one, consider liking it and/or making a comment rather than making a new one. Once you’ve searched and determined that this is a new request, delete this line.

Use case or problem

Please add the possibility of having a spell-checker with multiple languages that doesn’t reset itself to default English language after closing the program. This is the current behaviour (if I’m not doing something terribly wrong).

5 Likes

Note that mac os has system wide multi-language spell checker. I strongly recommend switching to mac if multi-language spell checking is very essential to your workflow. Mac has other great language features such as speak selection (this is also multi-language).

I can add a second language in obsidian, but every time I close the program and reopen it, that second language has to be added again. That’s what bothers me. I have to add it again every time I close and open again the software…

2 Likes