Some help needed on features

Hi guys,

Have been using Obsidian since a month. Have some of these queries:

1. Is there any way to get all mentions of a particular topic in a page? Suppose I have saved a link as [[Tasks]]. So when I search [[Tasks]] and search it, is there any way to read all the mentions together in a page rather than clicking through them?
  2. Open and close individual blocks: There is an option to open and collapse all blocks and children, but is there any way to do it for individual blocks?
  3. Open a block as a page to work on: Is there any way to focus on a block to write specifically about it by going away from the complete page?

Any help on this will be highly appreciated! Thanks!

What I’m trying to do

For 1) you can use the backlinks pane. For 2) I don’t think there is a way to do it with a hotkey, but I’m pretty sure there is a request for it. You can always do it manually with your mouse. For 3) this is also not possible right now, but I’m also positive I’ve seen it mentioned in Discord. I would be surprised if there isn’t a feature request for this as well.

Thanks a lot for your response. Apologies for missing to reply here.

Regarding the solution given by you for the first query, do you mean the linked and unlinked mentions? But in that I would need to click on each mention right?

Is there a way where I can see all references in the main pane?

Yes, there is a command which can open your backlinks in the main area. You can also use the plugin to move the backlinks to your document.

It’s easy with the dataview plugin. (if you need help with how to find/install it let me know).
Once installed, go to your page and type:

```dataview
list from [[InsertNoteTitle]]
```

This will give you a list of all the backlinks.
You can do a similar thing with tags (list from #sometag) or folders (list from "SomeFolder")