Snapshot for important notes that can be manually triggered

Use case or problem

I need a feature that allows me to snapshot my note manually instead of periodically as in the File Recovery core plugin (just like the Snapshot feature in Scrivener). Also, the snapshots can be kept “forever” instead of just a limited time in the File Recovery core plugin. I need this feature to save the versions of important docs, such as my dissertation writing to retrieve the old versions when needed.

Proposed solution

Making a core plugin for this feature that can be triggered, for example, by hitting ctrl/cmd + S.

5 Likes

I second this! Has there been any movement on this? Did you ever find a solution?

No, I haven’t found the solution for this.

Ah well, I hope the developers take notice.

Possible workaround: bind a hotkey to the “Make a copy of the current file” command.

For me it would be nice to have a function like this integrated into SYNC.

It would have the possibility to have a specific history version that could be tagged manually, so it is easily recognisable, and to be maintained despite the year history limit, and not pruned when the storage limit is reached.

Actually, I use git to have this kind of version control but Git plugin doesn’t work fine on mobile and the “Version History Diff” plugin relies on that to extract differences.

For sure there are other solutions:

1. To have a specific folder where order copies are stored and to use File Diff plugin to verify differences.
  2. To use backup plugins and to unzip them (comparing differences)
  3. To use GitHub features to check differences.
  4. Probably, there a lot of other services that could be used but something clearly integrated it could be useful.