Am I the only one who thinks Obsidian has a “black hole problem”? It’s so wonderfully easy to collect information and ideas, then build connections between them, but not so easy to extract them in a usable way.
I’ve tried to imagine a solution, a plugin I call SmartOutline. See concept demo here. Features:
- vertically split interface with built-in outline grid
- easy drag-and-drop from literature notes or original sources to outline
- automatic appending of citation backlink when adding content to outline
- automatic color coding, ## hashmarks of outline levels
- simple keyboard shortcuts for re-arranging outline elements
- easy conversion to standard markdown file to let you start writing
What do you think? Anyone want to help build it? Feedback welcome!