Size limits on Publish site

I’m sorry if this is in the documentation somewhere, I could not find it. Is there a limit to how much I can put in my published site? I’m going to be delivering a ton of videos to my students, and I don’t want to abuse the good folks at Obsidian. I’d be alright with paying extra for the weight if I could keep that functionality. Thanks, and happy holidays to all…

2 Likes

The size limit is currently set to 4GB, but I don’t recommend uploading large amount of videos to Obsidian Publish because it’s not optimized for videos - Depending on your student’s locations and network conditions, the videos may not play very well.

Dedicated video hosting services like YouTube and Vimeo optimize their infrastructure to host and deliver videos, they can re-encode your videos in more compact formats, switch delivery rates on the fly depending on network conditions, etc. Highly recommend using one of those and use <iframe> to embed them in your site.

1 Like

Like this

<iframe width="700" height="400" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hY7m5jjJ9mM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 Like

Okay, that’s first rate advice. Shame though, it was so nice and clean on the published page. I do have to worry about performance for the user though, so thanks for the guidance.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.