Simple CSS changes to body text

Things I have tried

I’ve been digging in the Help topics

What I’m trying to do

I want to change the regular body text in the editor to put a little space after each paragraph.

It would help a lot with customization if there were a complete list of the CSS and/or selectors, or a way to examine the actual CSS as with developer tools in a browser.

(at least on Mac) you can do “View–>Toggle Developer Tools” from within Obsidian and do just that

or use the shortcut Cmd+Opt+I

1 Like

Thanks, I just discovered that. But I’ve been exploring it for about 15 minutes and it’s a maze of twisty little selections, all different. It appears that a line in a document is not a p tag. But I’m having a helluva time figuring out what that thing is.

CF these two lines of text

Anyway, for the moment I’ll just use double newlines.
I’ve spent most of a tomato just screwing around with the tool, but it does seem to be pretty adequate, all things considered.

I’d like the view to look like

Anyway, for the moment I’ll just use double newlines.

I’ve spent most of a tomato just screwing around with the tool, but it does seem to be pretty adequate, all things considered.

without needing an extra newline between (which screws with other tools I use.)

I’m not sure if you’ve checked it out yet, but the Obsidian Discord has a channel just for CSS themes that is very active. In the pinned section of the channel there is also a CSS starter guide that you might find helpful. It was very helpful for me when I first got into theming (still working on my first one… but I personally was using it as an excuse to procrastinate on actually using Obsidian so I put it aside for now).

1 Like

I thought these topics had been moved to the fora.

In my experience, the forum is for more permanent discussion while the Discord is better for getting help/having conversation. There are a bunch of friendly people that could help you out in the #css-themes channel. Here’s a description that explains the differences between the Discord server and forum:

Hope the following helps:

By golly that did it!

My pleasure :smile:

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.