Show siblings besides backlinks

We have the backlinks pane, which is cool. I suggest to take it one step further (as seen in scrapbox.io):

The same represented in Obsidian:

So to as text: when I am editing “This page links to docker and tag” I’d like to have additional links: "Also links to tag" and "Also links to other-tag"

I would also like to have similar functionality in the Local graph view when editing the note titled “This page links to docker and tag”.

2 Likes

If I understand correctly, this is talking about showing “links to links”. As it happens, and at the risk of promoting my own reply (disclaimer!) this could help with the way I have experimented with linking “alias” definitions together:

I’d rather say it is a collection of links, which are also links to the same pages.
In the example you see the page I am editing links to “tag”, and I will have an “also links to tag” section with “I am linked to tag”.

1 Like

Please correct me if I am wrong, but doesn’t the “local graph” already do this? … And allows you to set the “link depth”?

Yes, the local graph indeed does this. But for other rookies: if you toggle neighbor links, it won’t show you anything, when the depth slider is at value 1.

But the original request was about the links section at the bottom.

2 Likes

For inspiration, see “Outline view” in TheBrain, which is nice blend between folding outliner and local graph.
Presented e.g. in second half of this video:

2 Likes