Shortcut for inline code?

Hi,

My keyboard does not have a back tick since its condensed. Is there a shortcut similar to a tab (for creating a code block) that works for inline code?

If not, perhaps a menu option or hotkey?

There isn’t currently, as far as I know.

If you have a condensed keyboard, you’ll likely find a lot of value in installing a snippet manager, if you haven’t already. There is a lot of discussion on this forum about Espanso, which is a cross-platform snippet manager. You could define a snippet that would trigger that key for you.

Or depending on what your keyboard or OS is, sometimes these condensed keyboards have programmable overlays, where you can trigger alternative characters. If this keyboard is meant for programming at all, a backtick is a pretty essential key. If you share your keyboard model, maybe a keyboard enthusiast will have a more specific tip for you?

I haven’t tried it in Obsidian, but isn’t part of the Markdown spec that HTML will work? If so, presumably you could always use <code> </code>.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.