SHARING of obsidian files only as . MD file?

Hello,

If I want to share a file consisting of text and images via e-mail, for example, then the output consists of a .md file.

However, this does not contain the images, nor is the text formatted in such a way that it is easy for the recipient to read.

My question:

Is there really only this only sharing option?

For example, why can’t I convert the content to a PDF?

If this minimal solution really should be the standard, there is no plug-in that allows better results?

Thank you very much for your support.
Guenter

You can export any page as a PDF already? I don’t embed images so not sure of these are output

Yes, a .md file is just plain text.

Exporting to PDF includes the image(s).

A quick look turned this up: GitHub - mvdkwast/obsidian-copy-as-html: Obsidian plugin: copy document as HTML, including images

1 Like

Hi Ariehen,

Thanks for the tip. I tried to implement it. Unfortunately, there is a bug indication that this plug-in does not work for the device I use. Can it really be the case that a plug-in does not work for all devices? There may be an alternative ? My iOS operating system is up to date ( 16.2 iPhone SE second edition)

Thanks for your response
Guenter

Hi Ariehen,

I forgot to mention that the PlugIn works on the Mac.

I have the following additional question:

When a PlugIn is installed on one device, as in my example on the MAC, the PlugIn is not automatically transferred to the other i.OS devices ? Or do I always have to install PlugIn separately on each device ?

Thanks for your answer and a happy new year.
Guenter

You need to install the plugins in every device you want to use them. At least that is my experience, so far.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.