- Open Cloudflare to the domain where you want to host your Publish site, such as
mysite.com, even if you want a subdomain like
- Go to DNS and click Add Record.
- Select CNAME.
- In name, enter your domain or subdomain, for example
- In target, enter
publish-main.obsidian.md. Don’t include your personal sub-URL in this value. Obsidian Publish handles this from your configuration.
- Make sure that proxy status is enabled. It should be enabled by default.
When I did this, I received an error which directed me to this site which said I could delete an A record as a solution. I did this… not knowing what it would do… Well I could create the CNAME record… but now I’m getting this message when visiting the www.dataarchitech.com website:
Despite having also completed this step:
- Go to SSL/TLS and set the SSL/TLS encryption mode to “Full” to configure the SSL/TLS certificate automatically.
I tried removing the site from Cloudflare and re-adding it… but somehow it’s holding on to my old settings… so I have my CNAME entries, but no A record entry…
Appreciate any help or ideas!