Searching my vault of 12k notes can take more than 1 minute. Searching the same notes with Visual Studio Code takes no more than 2 seconds.
Steps to reproduce
- Do a search that combines a tag (
tag:...) with a word (
hello) or quoted string (such as
- If this specific search isn’t done earlier, it can take a minute before the first result shows.
Example where search took 1:40 minutes: video recording.
Search should be much faster, definitely not more than 10 seconds.
Search easily can take a minute.
- Operating system: Windows 10 64-bit.
- Computer: Intel i5-10400 CPU (6 cores, 12 threads) @ 2.9Ghz with 24GB RAM and a 500GB SSD drive.
- Obsidian version: 0.12.3
- There are no errors in the Developer Tools’ console.
- I don’t use community plugins or themes.
- I couldn’t find Obsidian log files on my computer.
- I’ve been using this vault on this computer every day for about 3 weeks. So I believe the search index should be cached by now.
(I searched the forum but didn’t find a related report. If I overlooked something, let me know.)