Search field, search options, and search history cover each other especially when the keyboard is active

Are you using iOS or Android?

[ ] iOS
[x] Android

Is this a bug report or a feature request?

[x] Bug report
[ ] Feature request

Setup

• Device: Pixel5
  • System: Android 11
  1. Enter graph view
  2. Tap the search bar in Filters section

Expected

It should show whole reference

Actual

It was partially covered by Gboard

1 Like

Platform

[x] iOS
[ ] Android

Obsidian Mobile version: v0.0.xx

Is there a way to disable autocomplete, and search cruft? When I create a link it covers the link so I cannot see what I’m typing. The same happens with searches where everything competes to be displayed in the limited space of my phone screen.

1 Like

Platform

[x] iOS
[ ] Android

Obsidian Mobile version: v1.0.4

There is no way to reach Search history on iPhone and on iPad in landscape orientation: Search options are taking too much space and Search history is covered by on-screen keyboard:

On Android pixel 5 when I activate a search the search options panel obscures the search input field.

Steps to reproduce

Every time search is activated and the cursor is positioned in the search field … the search option panel pops up and obscures the search field. You can still enter search arguments ‘underneath’ the search options panel.

Expected result

The search options panel should drop down below the search input field so you can see what you are typing.

Actual result

Search panel obscures the search field as text is typed

Environment

• Operating system: Android 11
  • Obsidian version: 1.03

Additional information

5 Likes

This happens in iOS as well. Here is a screenshot of searching on my iPad (Obsidian 1.0.4). Red arrow points at search field cursor and the entire search field is covered by search options panel.

Please, mark this as a bug!

1 Like

This happens in other places too (cursor in the Template File Location field of Daily notes plugin settings):

Bumping this thread. Is anybody aware of a way to streamline the use of search on mobile?

One solution IMHO would be for the app to offer the ability to dismiss prompts permanently. But perhaps something similar could be achieved in the meanwhile using CSS snippets?

I am probably facing a different issue on the Mobile app (Android).

Unable to use the “find” and “find and replace” command on the Mobile app. Nothing comes up unlike the issue with global search.

It will be fixed in 1.0.6

3 Likes

on iPhone 13 Pro Max the search options still obscure the results text.

Example:

Works for me in the default theme

Thanks, I switched back to the default theme. I’m fairly confused/surprised. Am I to understand themes can affect application behaviour. That surprised me, I thought my biggest risk with a bad theme choice was a headache. Now I gather it’s a bit more.