Scroll past end of file

Use case or problem

I have some neck problems, so I try to minimize looking down at the bottom of my monitor for long period of times. However, when I’m editing text by appending to a longer file, I have to be on the bottom of that file, which usually means I am at the bottom.

I would like to be able to “scroll down past the end of the file” allowing me to bring that up more towards the center of the screen.

EDIT: This problem shows up when there is a long sentence/paragraph with no new lines!

Proposed solution

I think a setting should be added allowing the user to scroll past the bottom of a file, so that the last tine of a file could be brought all the way up to the top of the pane if needed.

Right now, the only way to do this is by inserting a bunch of blank/empty lines, but these are actual characters in a file, so I don’t like this solution.

This is already a setting/feature in sublime text and I have found it very useful.

Current workaround (optional)

Currently, I use the typewritter scroll plugin to let me have this scrolling past the end behavior, but this has a few problems:

• it also lets you scroll past the top of the file
  • if you click somewhere else and type, that line is immediately automatically scrolled to the middle

Both of these make for a very jarring editing experience.

It already scrolls pasts the end of the file. Check for yourself in the help vault.

I will update my feature request up top. When you have a “short sentence/paragraph” yes it does.

But if you just write one long sentence/paragraph with no newlines, then it does not

Post a screen recording of this happening in the help vault.