Resizing panels on the desktop may stop resizing when starting to resize and then dragging a little quickly over a pdf viewer panel. This is not an issue when resizing across plain markdown panels.
- Open obsidian on desktop
- Use default theme
- Open one markdown file
- Open one pdf file (markdown on left, pdf on right)
- Click and hold the vertical resize bar
- Drag to the right (not slowly)
- Notice the resizing motion is ‘lost’ when over the pdf viewer pane.
- Continue dragging complete to the right to notice the resize action is being ‘consumed’ by the pdf viewer, but it is still active when the mouse goes out from under the pdf viewer pane.
The pdf viewer pane should not ‘be active’ and should not be able to affect mouse events while resizing panes.
Resizing over pdf viewer stops the panel from being actively resized.
- Operating system: Windows 10
- Debug info:
SYSTEM INFO: Obsidian version: v0.14.2 Installer version: v0.12.19 Operating system: Windows 10 Home 10.0.19044 Login status: not logged in Insider build toggle: off Live preview: on Legacy editor: off Base theme: dark Community theme: none Snippets enabled: 0 Safe mode: on
See gif for demonstration. When the yellow circle is under the mouse that is when the left mouse is pressed.