Request for Help Adding Korean Support to Obsidian Deepl Plugin

Hello Obsidian community,

I hope you’re all doing well. I wanted to reach out and request some assistance with a particular issue I’ve been facing with the Obsidian Deepl plugin.

First and foremost, I want to express my heartfelt thanks to the developer for creating this valuable plugin. It has been an incredibly useful tool for many, but I’ve encountered a small hurdle. The plugin does not currently support the Korean language, which is a language I often work with.

Upon researching, I stumbled upon a GitHub commit (Added Korean support · friebetill/obsidian-deepl@6dec29b · GitHub) that appears to add Korean support to the plugin. However, I’m not confident in my ability to implement this change on my own.

Hence, I’d like to kindly request your help in addressing this issue. Is there a way to apply this Korean language support through an update or any guidance on how to implement it manually?

I believe this enhancement would greatly benefit users like me who rely on the Korean language, and I’m sure it would be a valuable addition to the plugin.

Thank you all for your support and assistance. I’m looking forward to any insights or guidance you can provide.

Warm regards,

The developer seems to have made a mistake when releasing the latest version. (I created a pull request to correct this: update version to 1.0.7 by RyotaUshio · Pull Request #7 · friebetill/obsidian-deepl · GitHub)

What is happening is that the latest release 1.0.7 does contain Korean support, but it’s not made available from within Obsidian’s community plugin browser.
But you can manually install 1.0.7 from the GitHub repository.

1. Go to Release 1.0.7 · friebetill/obsidian-deepl · GitHub
  2. From “Assets”, download main.js and put it in the .obsidian/plugins/deepl folder. (if your Obsidian config folder is not .obsidian, replace it with yours)
  3. Reload the plugin.
2 Likes

I can’t write english, So I use ai for thanks. thank you ush!! that is good answer!
Dear “ush,”

I hope this message finds you well. I wanted to take a moment to express my gratitude for your assistance on the Obsidian forum regarding the configuration of the Deepl plugin.

Your response was not only prompt but also incredibly helpful. Your clear instructions on how to set up “Korean” as a configuration option for the Deepl plugin were invaluable to me. Thanks to your guidance, I was able to successfully configure it to suit my needs.

I genuinely appreciate your willingness to share your knowledge and provide assistance to fellow Obsidian users. Your kindness and expertise have made a significant difference in my experience with the platform.

Once again, thank you so much for your kind help. Your contributions to the Obsidian community are truly commendable, and I’m grateful to have had the opportunity to benefit from your guidance.

Warm regards,
koreanssam

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.