Request: Adjust Graph Font Size, CSS Solution?

I’m +1’ing this thread again out of frustration. This obstacle makes the graph view completely useless for graphs with more than a handful of nodes. The graph view might as well be removed entirely unless this bug is fixed. Please at least offer the option for a font that has decent anti-aliasing when zoomed out.

1 Like

+1 again for Graph view text being too small. Seems like a simple fix, atleast an explanation why it’s not possible after TWO years…

2 Likes

It is SO hard to read a graph of my notes when I can’t tell what notes I’m looking at.

1 Like

Juggle is for toy vaults apparently.

2 Likes

Signed up just to request this (and a relative font size adjustment based on node size). An absolute necessity.

1 Like

the graph view completely useless for graphs with more than a handful of nodes

I check on this thread every once and a while in the hope that there is some hope of this being fixed. I’m flabbergasted that other features would be prioritized ahead of this

1 Like

I agree with everyone else. I’m not using the graph as the font is too small to be legible and if you zoom in then it defeats the point of being a graph.

1 Like

Also signed up just to request this! (thanks, btw, obsidian is awesome)

2 Likes

I also signed up to request this. Being able to change the font size is absolutely necessary.
A plus would be being able to change the style (i.e., italic, bold etc.) for different groups.

2 Likes

after another year of using Obsidian but less than I could, and hoped, exactly for this reason…

please make it possible to see node names in the graph even when it’s not so zoomed in that you only see 10/15 nodes at a time.

As things are, the graph is by far the less useful part of this great program.

1 Like

Why is this bug/flaw not being acknowledged by the dev team?

1 Like

Signed up also to comment this. This issue is huge and actively hurts my workflow. I’m really trying to use this as a way to keep track of basically everything but as my notes grow i can barely read anything on the graph and the whole use of this goes away. Might as well use Notion if you can’t use the graph view. I really hope the option to increase fontsize is added. Even a simple textbox for us to enter font-size in px would be perfect. Possibly under the display section?

1 Like

I agree that the font size is really frustrating. I like the global graph view, but it’s just so…hard. Unnecessarily hard to read. A navigation tool should not be hard to read, in my opinion—that defeats the purpose. Local graph is more bearable, but still—the requirement to zoom in so much just makes it so clunky and frustrating.

1 Like

Insane that this isn’t even acknowledged by the dev team. No point using Obsidian without this fix

Just made an account to add my comment that I agree with everyone here about how important this missing feature is. Being able to use the graph view is one of the main reasons why I’m choosing to try Obsidian. Not the only reason, but without being able to see node labels while looking at many nodes the graph view is practically useless. As someone else mentioned, there really is not much point in having graph view included at all if there is no customizability for text size. For an otherwise stellar and feature-rich note app this is a head-scratcher and game-changer for me. I wasn’t expecting this to be an issue. Having such a minimally usable graph feature built into the basic features makes the whole app appear gimmicky, like putting an unfinished afterthought on center stage. The potential for this to be great is right around the corner. I really hope the devs will address this!

2 Likes

I just made an account also for that, it’s one of the reason I stopped using obsidian 1 year ago. People who have bad eyesight can litteraly not use the graph function. Even making the whole UI bigger with cmd,+ on OSX (which is fantastic by the way) does not make the graph font bigger.

This Needs to be addressed. Please add font size to the display options of the graph or a tool to change it.

seconded. This is the one thing that makes Obsidian not work as I and evidently a lot more people really need. REALLY frustrating.

Hundreds of videos, articles, tutorials… on how Obsidian is wonderful PRECISELY because it helps one see connections between previously unrelated thoughts… are made a joke by this one issue.

Is there really no way to set something so basic as that damned font size to something that is READABLE even when zooming out to see more then 7/8 notes top??? WITHOUT adding plugins that may or may not stop slow Obsidian down, or going unmaintained after 6 months?

Not even some dirty CSS hack?

Please let us know!

here is what I mean: 30/40 notes top, on a 22 inch screen, with zero text fade threshold… and still, the really tiny, apparently unchangeable graph font, makes it impossible to READ the note names, thus making Obsidian useless to find connections

Hi,
Please add this feature. It would be really helpful.
Thank you so much.

Hello,

I also just created an account to request this feature. Being able to change the font size would make my graph much more readable. As it has grown it has become harder to view the note titles, especially when decreasing center force and increasing repel force. I think a font size slider/number entry would fit nicely in the “Display” section in the graph settings panel. Exposing a variable that I could modify in a config file/json/css would work just as well for my purposes if that is an easier change to implement.

I’ve really fallen in love with this software over the past month or so and this feature would be a huge increase to ease of use for the app, would greatly appreciate the implementation of this feature!