Reorder tabs of panels in left sidebar

Use case or problem

I disabled the File Explorer plugin and then re-enabled it. But now the File Explorer is last in the left sidebar panel:

2020-12-10_15-52-25

I want to be able to drag-n-drop the File Explorer back to its first position in the list.

Proposed solution

Make it possible that the mouse can drag and rearrange the tab icons.

Current workaround (optional)

I don’t know of a workaround.

Related feature requests (optional)

I couldn’t find related request, but I don’t know if ‘left sidebar’ is the proper name so I could have used the wrong terminology.

26 Likes

I agree, it would be nice to be able to reorder the tabs within a view.

But in the meantime, there is a workaround for this. Drag the tab into a new view just below the current one. Then drag the rest of the tabs into the new view in the order you’d like them to be.

4 Likes

Thanks Craig for that workaround. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

We have more and more plugins today!
This feature is really necessary to clean the sidebar and in each workspace cause sidebar is often cluttered with newly added sidebar panes by plugins.

Core plugin “Workspace” remembers the configuration of sidebar panes. However, when switching workspaces, old workspaces don’t have newly added plugin panes and require me to rearrange them. The way to arrange sidebar panes is necessary!!

3 Likes

Please. Clunky workaround is clunky.

There is kind of a workaround for this: drag tabs to a new pane one-by-one in order you want them to be.
Being unable to rearrange tabs just by dragging feels unnatural nowadays.

1 Like

+1 this feature.
I’d like to place the graph view on to the vertical sidebar to permanently have it there for aesthetic pruposes

I’d love to be able to drag reorder the File/folder list, Recent files, Search, Starred tabs in left pane, as well as the Outline, Calendar, Tags etc tabs in the right pane.

4 Likes

Will be implemented in 0.15.3

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.