Rendering a periodic (weekly, monthly, ...) view from other notes

What I’ve explored

The “Timeline / card view” plugin idea (Timeline / card view - a way to screen, review, and structure the knowledge base across time) idea and this timeline extension (GitHub - George-debug/obsidian-timeline: Obisdian.md plugin for creating timelines).

What I’m trying to do

I use Obsidian to take work notes. My work includes many meetings with different people. I use two different note formats. I keep a “weekly note” as a diary of the week’s activities and conversations. I also keep a note for each person I speak with regularly with a heading/section for each conversation we’ve had. (Kind of like an “evergreen” note per person.) Both views are very useful for review. I read the previous week’s notes every Monday when starting a new week. Before a meeting, I review that individual’s note to remind myself of our previous conversations.

Ideally, I’d like a presentation view that inlines the various individual notes into a weekly timeline view. (Or alternately, that pulls from the weekly content into the individual’s note.) I’m curious if anyone has built a similar workflow?

I’ve played with the block references some but haven’t found them useful for my case because the content I’d like to embed is many blocks. In general, I struggle with block references and in making them work for me.

Thank you for any feedback or pointers you might have!
Ryan.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.