Remote Vault Bug

Video: Obsidian Screen Rec

First time trying to use obsidian sync is not going well:
Im able to “create a remote vault” however they don’t appear to be existent nor useable. No matter how many i “create” it brings me back to square one with no results.

Ive contacted support who led me here and told me to post this video for analysis, already tried most steps e.g: redownloading obsidian app, resetting app and computer, turning off onedrive/google drive/ icloud, logging out of all devices and deleting/ redirecting my local vaults. The remote vaults i create don’t show up anywhere on my hard drive nor on any other device when i log in.

Computer info:
iMac (27-inch, Late 2013
OSX: 10.15.7 catalina
ram: 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 775M 2 GB
CPU: 3.4 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5

Please help! Would obviously like to be able to use the subscription service i’ve paid for.
Let me know if theres anything i should try or post any other details that would help you understand the issue.

For those searching in the future, this specific instance of:

1. Being signed up to Obsidian Sync
  2. Being unable to access/see remote vaults

Can be an account issue that support needs to be addressed. Email [email protected] if your circumstances match this scenario.

I’m having the same issue here. I’m logged on MacOS app, but when I’m trying to create a remove vault, it sends me to the “create a vault” page. The “connect” button never appears.

@orafaelporto can you post a screen recording?

@Dragon8620 do you still have this problem?

I’m trying to create a remote vault, but after repeating this process for days, the app always send me back to step zero:

Do you have a sync subscription?
Are you following the instructions from here? https://help.obsidian.md/Obsidian+Sync/Set+up+Obsidian+Sync

Perhaps you have a network problem, are you able to create a remove vault for your phone using mobile data?

1 Like

I thought that was free.

I solved that using Syncthing:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.