Reminders/Notifications in Obsidian

+1 It’s one of the (for me) core functions

4 Likes

I would also like a reminder in the morning and evening to remember to open Obsidian for my journal entries.

3 Likes

It’s not a complicated thing

I wish that were true. Calendaring and time systems are some of the most difficult tasks to get right.

4 Likes

Made an account just to +1 this. I think the reason this seems / should be easy to add is just that the support for the app to generate a notification wouldn’t be too hard to add. Then you could let plugins (like the reminder plugin) do the hard part of reminders and calendars and just hook into the notifications on Android for ex.

8 Likes

Yes, a good idea.

3 Likes

This feature is foundational. It will be great if the team consider/prioritize this feature. Thanks!

4 Likes

+1. I agree. This would make Obsidian even more powerful and flexible.

3 Likes

PLS PLS Implement!!

This would be game changer. Would certainly pay for subscription if calendar and reminders is implemented

4 Likes

This is an absolute must have for second brain approach.
Otherwise, it forces users to use other apps for recurring notes/reminder use.

4 Likes

Registered just for this. Please implement!

5 Likes

+1 from me

4 Likes

It would be a essential feature

4 Likes
  • 1, also registered only to support this request
4 Likes

I’m also voting in favor of this

4 Likes

Yes, please. My absolute #1 wanted feature.

4 Likes

I’m adding my vote for this feature, Obsidian is one of my core applications and it would be great if I can have notifications in my workflow, I’m using reminder plugin, but at least in Windows 11 is not working when setting system notifications, without this feature it’s very usefull, but a lot of time I’m doing something else and I miss them

3 Likes

I use Linux and Android. Why are there still no notifications from Obsidian?!?!?

2 Likes

Yes! This feature would absolutely be a game-changer for Obsidian. It’s the only reason I can’t commit 100% to Obsidian as my only task manager. I hate being split between Obsidian and Google Cal. I would be okay with email notifications or iOS notifications (using the Obsidian iOS app).

3 Likes

Push notifications on mobile seem to require firebase setup, maybe this is one of the reasons devs are weary implementing this feature?

Push Notifications Capacitor Plugin API | Capacitor Documentation (capacitorjs.com)

I’m not sure I understand that well, does that mean all the notifications I get (on my Android) must go on Google’s Servers?