Remember PDF page location

Hi, first of all thank you for building Obsidian, it’s really great having offline first personal knowledge management. Everything I expect so far is already there except I hope pdf viewer would remember the page location of opened pdf file. I think there should be an option to enable/disable persistent page location.
My current workflow is I used to open pdf file for my course material and taking the note on the editor. This works great since I can split the file horizontal/vertically, except that when I close Obsidian and reopen it, the pdf will be reset to page 1, which is quite cumbersome to get to the latest position especially if we have pdf with hundreds of page

7 Likes

Hi! I would also love to see this feature. Now the pdf page resets even when I re-arrage panes. At least, a good idea might be to remember the page when saving workspace

2 Likes

Putting a big +1 bump to this topic. I attach my PDFs to the note I’m working on, then open another instance of the note while I work on it. While PDF location is recalled during work, if I click off of the “Reader Mode” copy of the note, the PDF location resets.

The ideal version for me would be PDF location recall while the note is open, even if it isn’t active. Is the issue here that the note is being unloaded in the background when it isn’t open? If so, is there a way to set the PDF to return to a certain page on opening?

Signed up just to like this idea. It’s a pity that they haven’t done it yet, it’s a very useful idea.