Refresh button to reload markdown files

It would be good to have a refresh button that re-reads the Vault directories. I have a web clipper that saves a markdown file to the directory in Dropbox. The only way I have found to get the note to show up in Obsidian is to close and restart the app. As it does not natively refresh upon a new file added.

Ah so you can press CTRL-R to refresh the whole UI which is a workaround for now

As you add files, they should show up almost instantly in your Obsidian File Explorer, is that not happening?

I’ve added two markdown files to my vault directory, and neither show up - not after refreshing, nor after restarting Obsidian.

As I was typing this, I realized the files had .txt extensions. When I changed them to .md, they showed up immediately. I guess this is by design? It’s not obvious behavior.

I am having the same problem, sometimes it takes so long to a file get updated. With query blocks it is getting really annoying. Is this Ctrl + R fro refresh really is a thing? How can I refresh? (I am asking because this thread is old and probably a lot has happened since)