Refactor Note in Folder with Specific Text

What I’m trying to do

In my daily notes, I am taking detailed notes on certain meetings I am in, indicated by project area. For example, the text will be something like:

Daily Activities

11:00 | Project A - Topic Area - Meeting Name

• Note Details
  • Note Details
  • Note Details
  • Note Details

What I would like to do is at the end of the day, refactor these activities where I would like separate notes. I would like to retain the text in the Daily Note (11:00 | Project A - Topic Area - Meeting Name), but as a link to a note in a separate folder (Meeting Notes/YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM - Project A - Topic Area - Meeting Name). In other words, the name and location of the note is different from the link name, and there should be some additional details added in. I would like this to be as automated as possible (i.e., insert the date for the day and know that it should go in the Meeting Notes folder).

Things I have tried

I have tried using the “Extract Current Selection” command, but this doesn’t seem to allow for creating the note in a new folder, inserting additional details like date, or having a different name of the note from the text in the Daily Note.

Am I using these plugins wrong? Is there another plugin I should be using? Have others used another approach to perform these types of activities?

When you extract the text, you can type any name you want into the dialog box. (If you want the link text to differ from the note name you can do that manually after extracting: [[note name|link text]].)

To do this, type the full path in front of the note name when extracting: folder/subfolder/note.

I’m not sure if there is a way to do this. It is more likely possible if you allow an extra step. For example, you could trigger a template on the new note.

I’ll also mention the Note Refactor community plugin, which has a few more features than the core (but not insertion of extra info.)