Reduce publish friction (>30 second to open the modal on large vault)

Use case or problem

I need to wait >30 seconds every time I want to publish

I have >600.000 words, vault is 4.3 GB (including .git)

Proposed solution

Sort of incremental way to check that I have content to publish instead of what I guess you are doing: checking the whole thing every time

Current workaround (optional)

Wait

1 Like

louisbeaumont@Louiss-Air:~/Documents$ du -sh brain
7.0G brain

Ok, I reached the timeout limit now. I can’t even publish anymore it always timeout

Any support/fixes yet?

is this still happening?

I’m not sure how to do it, but I reckon one way to solve it would be to move the .git folder out of the vault.

That is, if you managed to rearrange stuff so that the main vault folder was on the same level as the .git folder everything would be a lot better.

.git is ignored.
I am not sure that your diagnosis of the problem is correct. Anyway, use the support email and provide as many details as possible.

Thanks
Support does not respond (contacted a week ago)

I am not sure if they responded but we understood the source of the problem. i am gonna move this to bug reports.

1 Like

I have finally found the root cause of the issue. A fix has been deployed and I have manually fixed your site. Let me know if it’s effective, thanks!

thanks!

Amazing :slight_smile: I can use publish again

fyi:

seems 10 or 100x faster

Oh yeah definitely. There was an intricacy in the design of the database where the order of the columns affected performance by a significant factor - I’ve reformatted the database to properly order the columns and now the query runs properly.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.