Red, not code red but text in the frontmatter and it is disturbing my demeanor / javascript & tp

What happened:

I added code to Frontmatter using Templater to ensure I put a title in. Because I am brain damaged.

It works, but it turned a lot of the matter red. What does that red mean? It is annoying and I can’t get rid of it.

Questions:
Is it a problem?
What do the colors mean?
Is the code written incorrectly even if it works?

Things I have tried

I’ve tried location. I have tried making it a field. I don’t know, that’s about it. I could split it into two templates, but do I want to execute two templates.

Is that the template view, or how a new file looks after running/inserting the template?

Template view. It run’s fine. I just don’t like red… or am wondering if it’s worth it.

You don’t need that Templater code inside the frontmatter area, what happens if you move it after the

---
frontmatter
---

section?

When viewing a template file you’re often not having a valid frontmatter, which is causing it to be red. So either you need to make it valid (which can be rather hard in some cases),or use a little bit of trickery.

The easiest way is to do this is to replace the first line with something like <% "---" %>, which in essence “disables” the frontmatter when viewed as a template file, but act normally after usage of the template.

That works as well! Thank you!

Thank you for taking the time. Both solutions work. Good times!

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.