Quick methods to paste 'human language' weblinks into Obsidian (like Bear app)

What I’m trying to do

I want to copy then paste weblinks into Obsidian notes that resolve to a human language description like [Into the Mystic | acoustic - electric] without having to select CMD K and fill the markdown in myself. Bear does this automatically.

Things I have tried

The only thing I have tried is filling in the title in the first field and copying the link in the second. Perhaps Canvas might be able to do what I want but, as a writer, I prefer to stick with Obsidian’s markdown.

Do CMD K after selecting the text and it will add the brackets — then all you need to do is paste the weblink (the cursor will be in the right place). (This requires Settings > Editor > “Autocomplete Markdown pairings” to be enabled, which it is by default).

If that’s still not fast enough, there is a community plugin called “Paste URL into selection”.

1 Like

This plugin fetches the title from the URL and formats the link automatically:

url

1 Like

Got your message. Thanks much for the speedy reply. Hopefully you can help me with one other thing. . .Does Obsidian offer an option for Typewriter Mode? As a writer, I like to keep my current line in the middle of the note.

Much appreciated.

(It’s better to start new threads for unrelated questions. But:)

Not built in. There’s at least one plugin for it.

There’s another plugin that might be of interest. Paste URL into Selection. That might be useful to you.

I use this extension which lets you copy the URL + Title in configurable markdown format to paste into Obsidian in one step.

Extension for Firefox or Chrome.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.