Hey everyone here’s a demo video of a weekend project been working on - real-time editing within obsidian. The video just shows my obsidian app (left) and my friend’s app (right - in google hangouts) and he shares a link to a collaborative note that we both type on.
I started working on this because I have some friends using obsidian as part of their screenplay writing process and they really wanted a way to work on a document at the same time. I would love to continue building this into a robust service for the obsidian community.
Let me know if you would use it!
- Edit text in real-time (media not yet supported)
- See collaborator’s cursors and highlights
- Edit offline and sync when re-connected to peers
- Create collaborative notes from new or existing notes via command
- Share collaborative notes with obsidian:// links
- Menu of all collaborative notes in your vault
Hoping to publish the plugin in the next couple of weeks! Still need to figure out the server that connects peers - I’m hoping to implement an encryption scheme so no user data is held.